If you need to dispute a transaction, follow these steps:
1. Log in to dashboard.getfinal.com.
2. Select the transaction
3. Click "Dispute."
4. Enter a description of the error and an explanation of why you believe there is an error
You can also contact us at email@example.com or 1-855-552-5375. You may be asked for the following information:
- Your name and account number
- The dollar amount of the suspected error
- The posting date of the transaction
- A description of the error and an explanation of why you believe there is an error
Timely notification is important. Most transactions must be disputed within 60 days of the date of your statement where the error appeared. If you believe there is unauthorized use on your account, please contact us immediately.
Many times disputed charges are legitimate charges that customers may not recognize or remember. Before disputing a charge, we recommend you attempt to resolve the dispute with the merchant. Often the merchant can answer your questions and easily resolve your dispute. The merchant's phone number may be located on your receipt or billing statement.
Our dispute department will research the transaction with the merchant and its bank and contact you with the results. We take your business seriously and will do everything we can to help resolve a dispute in a timely and thorough manner.
In some cases, we may contact you again if we need more information. We process disputes according to billing error procedures that are governed by federal law and outlined in your Credit Card Agreement.
When you dispute a credit card transaction, we will recalculate your minimum payment based on the total balance minus any balance in dispute, payment mis-post to be researched and/or fraudulent transactions. Then:
- If the transaction was posted in error, we will correct your account
- If the transaction was not posted in error, you will not be charged any interest or fees associated with the dispute
If you are set up for AutoPay or have a scheduled payment in three or more days, we will review whether the scheduled amount needs to be adjusted for the dispute, and if so, we will reduce the scheduled payment amount to prevent you from paying into the disputed amount.
We will remain in contact about your dispute during the process, but if you need to reach us, please contact 1-855-552-5375